Kansas Wheat Communications Intern
Position available for Spring & Summer 2019 semesters
Kansas Wheat is currently seeking applications for the part-time, temporary position of Communications Intern. The internship begins in January 2019. Hours are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with some evenings and weekends as needed. Hours are flexible based on student’s class schedule and include approx. 20 hours per week in the Spring & up to 40 hours per week in the Summer. This is a paid internship.
- Excellent writing, editing and design skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel required).
- Proficiency in Adobe CreativeSuite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- Dependable, detail-oriented, problem-solver who can efficiently multi-task and stay organized when assigned multiple projects.
- High school diploma required.
- Preference given to Ag Comm students.
- Preference given to sophomore standing or above.
- Preference given to students with background in agriculture.
- Research, prepare and write press releases and news articles for distribution.
- Conduct interviews and write articles.
- Write and design posts for social media accounts.
- Write blog posts for Kansas Wheat web sites.
- Assist with editing and design of communications tools, including newsletters and website.
- Answer phones and greet visitors as needed.
- Carry out special projects working with various Kansas Wheat staff members in support of our Marketing Plan.
- Assist with design of publications as needed.
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned which may include filing, cleaning or other office maintenance.
Please send resume, two references and letter of interest with details on hours available to:
1990 Kimball Ave
Manhattan, KS 66502