Kansas Wheat Communications Intern
Position available for Fall 2019 semester
Kansas Wheat is currently seeking applications for the part-time, temporary position of Communications Intern. The internship begins in September 2019. Hours are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with some evenings and weekends as needed. Hours are flexible based on student’s class schedule and include approx. 20 hours per week. This is a paid internship.
- Excellent writing, editing and design skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel required).
- Proficiency in Adobe CreativeSuite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- Dependable, detail-oriented, problem-solver who can efficiently multi-task and stay organized when assigned multiple projects.
- High school diploma required.
- Preference given to Ag Comm students.
- Preference given to sophomore standing or above.
- Preference given to students with background in agriculture.
- Research, prepare and write press releases and news articles for distribution.
- Conduct interviews and write articles.
- Write and design posts for social media accounts.
- Write blog posts for Kansas Wheat web sites.
- Assist with editing and design of communications tools, including newsletters and website.
- Answer phones and greet visitors as needed.
- Carry out special projects working with various Kansas Wheat staff members in support of our Marketing Plan.
- Assist with design of publications as needed.
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned which may include filing, cleaning or other office maintenance.
Applications due August 26, 2019. Please send resume, two references and letter of interest with details on hours available to:
1990 Kimball Ave
Manhattan, KS 66502