Kansas Wheat Communications Intern – Job Summary
Position available for Summer 2017 semester
Kansas Wheat is currently seeking applications for the full-time, temporary position of Communications Summer Intern. The dates of this internship are May 15 – August 18, 2017. Hours are typically 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with some evenings and weekends as needed. Hours are flexible based on student’s class schedule. On Saturday, June 17, 2017, Kansas Wheat will host the National Festival of Breads baking contest. The Communications Summer Intern will be expected to work at this event. This is a paid internship.
- Excellent writing, editing and design skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel required).
- Proficiency in Adobe CreativeSuite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- Dependable, detail-oriented, problem-solver who can efficiently multi-task and stay organized when assigned multiple projects.
- High school diploma required.
- Preference given to Ag Comm students.
- Preference given to sophomore standing or above.
- Preference given to students with background in agriculture.
- Assist Director of Communications with the following duties:
- Research, prepare and write press releases and news articles for distribution.
- Research and write news articles for magazine/newsletter.
- Design monthly magazine.
- Write blog posts for Kansas Wheat web sites.
- Assist with editing and design of communications tools, including newsletters and website.
- Cultivate multi-media skills, including photography, videography, photo and video-editing software.
- Assist Nutrition Educator with the following duties:
- Record and mail requests for educational materials and promotional items. Assist with maintaining inventory of these items.
- Organize and maintain educational materials storage room.
- Assist with preparing presentations and packing presentation materials.
- Answer phones and greet visitors as needed.
- Carry out special projects working with various Kansas Wheat staff members in support of our Marketing Plan.
- Assist with design of annual recipe book as needed.
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned which may include filing, cleaning or other office maintenance.
Please send resume, two references and letter of interest with details on hours available, by March 24, to:
1990 Kimball Ave
Manhattan, KS 66502